In today’s age, the water heater system has become a part of life. But being just another electronic appliance, it is prone to defects and issues over time due to constant use. You need to be aware of the different symptoms showed by the system to ensure it is repaired or replaced as required. Once you identify any sign, you should make haste to call the Hot water plumber Townsville.
List of signs to know when to undertake maintenance
- Not giving out much hot water quickly: It could be that the system runs out quickly of hot water. According to the experts, it shows that the problem is with the system’s burner. If this change is noticed, then you should call hire a reliable Hot water plumber Townsville to check the unit.
- Changes noticed in water temperature: It could be that the water temperature is extremely cold or hot, but not of the right temperature. Then, it could be the sign of the unit requiring checking by the professionals. The issue may be due to varied reasons like wrong temperature setting, sediment formation in tank, disconnected or damaged dip tube, etc.
- Water tank leaking: If the water tank experiences leakage, then it indicates some installation issues. Perhaps, the T&P valve is either damaged or some nearby pipe has become loose.
- Strange noises: In case, strange noise is made in the basement area, then it is perhaps the water heater. Boiling water generally sounds a popping or low rumbling noise. It occurs if sediment accumulates at the tank’s bottom part. Hence, the tank overheats, thereby boiling the water. The Hot water plumber Townsville will take care of such issues by fixing the damaged parts.
- Smelly or Rusty water: Do you find foul smelling or discolored water emerging from the faucet? If yes, then the tank is filled with bacteria in very high levels or the pipe is corroded. It is important to call the professionals to fix such issues to avoid unwanted health risks.
- Low water pressure: There could perhaps a sharp reduction in hot water pressure. If so, then it may be result of mineral depositing within the tank. Its accumulation may cause blockages in the pipe, thereby lowering pressure in the water heater.
All the above cited problems can be fixed by the knowledgeable Hot water plumber Townsville. Reacting on time will enable you to derive hot water without having to go for a costly replacement.